TransForum 2018: The Next Big ThingName: TransForum 2018: The Next Big ThingDate: June 22, 2018Time: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM MDTRegistration: Sorry, public registration for this event has been closed.Event Description:
Smart Commute Metro North PresentsWhen it comes to trends that drive society, technology isn't just behind the wheel: it's pushing the gas pedal. The presence and performance of autonomous vehicles, sustainable communities, and the IoT has accelerated over the past decade,and that pace is only escalating.
TransForum 2018: The Next Big Thing
Ready? Or Not?
As new technologies emerge within transportation, how will we plan for the impacts on public policy, business models, infrastructure, and society? How will transportation innovations transform not only how we move, but how we live? The autonomous future is ahead. Are we ready? Or not?
Hosted at Panasonic's headquarters at 61st & Peña Station, TransForum 2018 will highlight industry experts and will include the following:
- RoadX Presentation focused on Panasonic's V2V and V2X Communications Command Center
- Self-Guided Tours of Panasonic's Smart City Innovation Showcase, an integrated, interactive exhibit featuring smart community spaces and other revolutionary technology
- Rides on EasyMile EZ10 Electric Autonomous Shuttle
- Guided Tour of Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality Simulation and its retro-fitted vehicles
Guided Tour of Panasonic's V2X Virtual Reality SimulationThis session provides insight into next-generation approaches to V2X data simulation using a variety of V2X hardware in combination with Virtual Reality. This VR capability will be demonstrated using a simulated test track outside of a virtual Panasonic CityNOW headquarters building. Also on display will be portions of the Panasonic connected vehicle fleet with working V2X hardware.
- Ride on the EasyMile EZ10 Electric Autonomous Shuttle
- Walk the streets of CityNOW Smart City
- View demonstrations of deployed technologies within the Innovation Showcase
- Explore the Sports & Entertainment District and Expo Hall